If you rent an apartment, condo or home, are your personal belongings covered by renter’s insurance? If not, they should be.
According to a survey from the Insurance Information Institute, in 2014, only 37% of renters had renter’s insurance, compared to 95% of homeowners. Many renters believe that the owners' insurance will cover them should there be a loss of personal property. The landlords' policy protects the building, but it will not cover the renter's personal property.
If you reside in Colorado, you’re fortunate. Schiller Insurance, Colorado can help you with renter’s insurance and other types of insurance to make sure you and your valuables are protected.
Why You Need Renters Insurance:
If you are debating whether or not you need renter’s insurance, below are a few reasons why you need to make this investment.
- Renter’s insurance is very affordable, usually just a few hundred dollars a year, based on the items you are insuring and the area you live in.
- It will protect your personal property in a wide range of situations like:
- Natural weather disasters
- Explosions, fire, and smoke
- Theft and vandalism
- Loss due to aircraft, vehicles or riotous acts
- Your landlord may require you to show proof of renter’s insurance before move-in before
- Renter’s insurance will cover property lost or damaged while traveling
- Many policies cover living expenses if you are unable to live in the property due to unforeseen situations.
Your Best Resource for Renter’s Insurance:
Schiller Insurance, Colorado, is the best resource for all your insurance needs, including renter’s insurance. They have been a family-owned insurance firm since 1951. They serve Montrose, Delta, Gunnison, Ridgway, Hotchkiss, Cedaredge, and surrounding areas.
If you want to know more about renter’s insurance, contact one of the dedicated agents at Schiller Insurance today. They will help you choose the policy to keep you and your possessions safe.